Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hotdesking Auto-Logout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alex92, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex92

Hello All,

Apologies if this is a simple question however I have not been able to find an answer thus far.

We are using 30 Yealink T-29G phones for hotdesking at one of our offices. Staff are able to login but will often forget to logout.

Are we able to set a global configuration to force logout of hotdesking phones at a certain time? Or alternatively set a maximum amount of time for which one can be logged in before being logged off?

Kind Regards,
    Alex

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Alex,

No not as of yet, this is a commonly requested feature.

As the administrator you can globally log people out in the 3CX management interface if they leave themselves logged in however.

3. Alex92

Thanks for the response!

I guess we will continue to manage it manually until a solution is introduced.

Regards,
    Alex

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did have a check to see if anything had been added in the latest service pack release but it doesn't seem so.

I would check the ideas site and see if there is a feature request there-and either vote for it or raise you own (on the event one doesn't exist).

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.