Hotdesking using PIN code in v11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FBW, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBW

FBW New Member

In the v11 launch video Jaymes talks about hotdesking using your PIN code rather than the password.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOBzexA3M1U
    I looked around on how to get this done but can't seem to find it. Did any of you find out how this works?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maynardvg

Hi,

I have the same question based on the PIN code usage from any phone on the network… as described on the feature video… I have enabled PIN protection on all our extensions and you can only use the PIN code that is associated with the extension you are at. If you use another PIN code – as described in the video – you get an “access is denied” message. Please provide a complete configuration guideline to allow the use of PIN codes for accounting from any phone on the system. We have lost 9 deals in the past to systems with this feature and now that 3CX has the feature we need to know how it works so that we don’t end up with egg on our faces.

Thanks,
    Maynard

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Guys

Yes there is a mistake in the You tube video - we are fixing this as we speak.

The youtube should talk about pin protect. This is the ability to lock down an extension from making outbound calls by first calling the pin protect service IVR, using your extension and pin to log in and this will allow you to make outbound calls for a specified period of time.

Hot desking is something else. We know to date that Yealink Phones have this ability.

I will get more information on this because not all yealnk phone models have this feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.