Hotel module not fuctioning with version 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zman574, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman574

Just installed version 9 again since the actual release of version 9 yesterday, yeah its 9:00PM and I started at 6:00AM so I am a little edgy since the HOTEL MODULE still wont work. Please post when the hotel module will work so I dont waste some more time on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, till now remain with V8 if you are using Hotel.
    At the end of this month we will release a v9 for hotel module.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

We have not made a Version 9 Release of the Hotel module, only the V9 PBX.
    For now you will have to use your old V8 PBX with the V8 Hotel Module until we release a new V9 Hotel Module at the end of the month.

Regards,
    Leonidas Georgiou.

4. zman574

Thank you guys for getting back to me... I would suggest that caution be used when posting news that says a release is ready because I was told by several people when version 9 becomes public the Hotel will be activated. Perhaps when you put out news like that, you could post options that are not working yet.

Oh and while we are talking about the Hotel Module. A couple of fixes are really needed. I followed the install directions very carefully and nowhere in the directions does it say anything about having to start windows services for the Hotel Module prior to being able to start the Managment Console, and when I posted that issue it was not mentioned either. Every time you install the Hotel Module you have to go to windows services and click start on the Hotel in order for it to function.

As a second issue in the Hotel Module directions say to input the caller id for the room as perhaps a room number or what have you. If you put in the room number 911 services will not work, you have to put in the phone number that is registered with your 911 service IE: the main phone number to the Hotel. If nothing else a warning should be put in the directions for the Hotel Module regarding that. A Hotel without active 911 service is subject to Lawsuites, Fines, and insurance violations.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Regarding the second issue, what do you mean by: " a second issue in the Hotel Module directions "
    What directions are we talking about?

6. zman574

What i am talking about for directions is the set up manual on the site. It does not say anything about having to go in and start the Hotel Services in windows to access the managment console. If you don't do this it will never open, atleast on the 5 installs that I have done of the Hotel Module it has not.

Any word on the Hotel Module working with version 9 yet???????

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

This is because there should be no need to start the service manually.
    It should start automatically with the system startup.

If you are having issues with your Hotel module, i'd suggest you open a ticket on the 3CX Support Portal and request some help from the proper channels.

http://support.3cx.com/

8. zman574

Maybe it is due to a windows 7 error, but it really would not hurt to put a note in the setup that this could occur. It is really not that big of an issue unless you don't catch it in the first place.

Do you know if the Hotel is set to go for version 9 yet?

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The V9 Hotel Module is still not ready, i do not have an exact ETA at the moment, but possibly at the end of the month we will have a build for you.

10. zman574

Okay thanks for getting back to me I will check back in a couple of weeks.

11. zman574

So September is here, is the version 9 hotel here?

12. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

not that I have seen or heard.

13. jnz

jnz

Just checking in on this to see if we have an eta of when the Hotel module will be ready for version 9?

14. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can get it here:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-hotelmodule-9/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.