• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hotel Phone Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderHanna

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I'm doing some research for a possible hotel project coming up. What 'm trying to determine is what "hotel phone" options others are using? I'm looking for something that would be inexpensive for a hotel room but have a few BLF keys on them so that I would be able to custom configure dialing options.

Other than this, I will have to use the "SIP ID" option.

Thank you
Alexander

The first decision would be whether or not to go with analogue sets with ATAs, or VoIP sets. Is it an existing property, or brand new? With analogue, you could go with a set with a sets of pre-programmed speed call keys for various departments/functions, or, simply have a dial cards (directory) on the front of the set. Many ATAs have internal dialplans that allow dialled digits to be changed/blocked before being sent to the PBX.

With VoIP, you will have to have Ethernet to the sets location, so if it is an existing hotel, wiring (costs) may have to be considered. There are a number of basic (single line) VoIP sets with programmable keys and displays, if desired. Cost will play a big part as well as the "star" rating of the hotel, taking into consideration past guest behaviour when it comes to the treatment (theft/vandalism) of the phones. You probably wouldn't put the same sets into a five star resort as you would a budget motel.

Some sets are specifically designed with hotels in mind with the function keys "locked", as well as providing a place for guest information on the front of the set. Many existing properties are more concerned with retaining the current (generally analogue) sets to reduce costs.

Check out Cetis brands, we have used them in many hotels. They are specifically designed for the hospitality industry.

http://www.cetisgroup.com/

Many Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.