Hotel phones and Daylight savings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jessep, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessep

We run 3CX version 12.0.4 and are using Cetis 3302 voip series Hospitality phones in our 200+ room hotel. From the beginning we have not been able to get the Cetis phones to pull daylight savings changes from the provisioning server, which we have set up as an sntp server. As far as I can tell from the config file it should be looking at that server for sntp information, but they aren't and we have to manually change the Enable Daylight :0 line manually and increment the version number on all 200 + phones....not fun. I have attached one of the config files. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I realize your indication of having set up a server which I assume to be on the same system as 3CX, but being that the SNTP server and the phones (Cetis) are both outside of the 3CX support realm, you might want to simply try using; 209.81.9.7 or pool.ntp.org as a test (assuming the phones can reach the outside) to validate the functionality on a couple of phones.

the 3CX note below may also shed some light on how you can overcome.

http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/misc/timezoneblog/Phone_Provisioning_Time_Settings.pdf

3. positron

SNTP time servers do not control daylight saving schedules or time zones; they only provide the current time. If the phone is not auto adjusting for DST, then that would be an issue with the phone (assuming it was provisioned with the correct schedule). You may need to discuss the issue with the phone manufacturer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

His congif file appears to be correct with regard to the schedule of DST. Cetis recommends the use of <country>.pool.ntp.org as the SNTP server.

5. Jessep

I was wondering if Enabling Daylight in the config and Enabling SNTP was causing a conflict. Hmmm now how to test before next time change :shock:

6. lneblett

Just change the SNTP to us.pool.ntp.org and then change the date of change in only one phone to some date and time in the very near future. Reboot the phone after setting the SNTP just to see what time and date it picks up. You may even want to try and set a bogus time manually so that you can confirm it is indeed using the SNTP upon reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.