Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hotel PMS integration with FOSSE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JasonR, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonR

Has anyone installed 3CX hosted or otherwise an integration with the FOSSE PMS system? They are ising a serial connection to communicate between the PBX and the PMS. I see that 3cx used TCP but has anyone used SERIAL?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Absolutely not an issue. I use a Comtrol RTS-1 which is an Ethernet to serial adapter. This is a single port version, but they also make others in various port sizes. Simple to setup and has a port viewer function that allows you to see the communications between 3CX and the PMS in real-time. Been using them for over 5 years and never had one fail.

I do not have experience with the FOSSE system and a Google search did not reveal any details of how the PMS to PBX function works. I can only caution you to make certain that the protocol matches that which 3CX supports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.