Hotkey management in macOS (OSX)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alpha17, Dec 2, 2016.

Hotkey management in macOS (OSX) 5 5 10votes
5/5, 10 votes

1. alpha17

The macOS client should have the same hotkey management capabilities as its Windows counterpart. We should be able to setup hotkeys to answer, hangup and so forth.

The CMD+3 hotkey could be useful to some people but hardcoding it in the software is a tremendously bad idea. At the very minimum, we should be able to toggle the feature on or off in the settings and/or the hotkey should be modifiable.

All and all, simply mirroring the hotkey management capabilities of the Windows client would fix all of this and is rather trivial to implement.

Thanks!

ESudan and rmulder like this.
  2. Menn0

+1, this hot key issue should be put higher on the agenda. It is causing some of my colleagues to be forced not use the 3CX client but another SIP client, which I rather have them not as this complicates support for us. They are working with an app that uses CMD+3. This is why when you have an application that use a hot key also when the application window is not on focus it should really only be a key combination that is programmable or at least have the possibility to disable it. Can someone from 3CX maybe give us an update on what the plans are regarding this issue?

ESudan likes this.
  3. rmulder

+1 This shortcut is unacceptable. I have several other applications in which I need the command-3 shortcut !

ESudan likes this.
  4. Ray Foss

Guess I'll have to switch the office to a competitor. Sad.

5. jed

jed New Member

@Ray Foss
    Sorry to say that, but I do not think this attitude helps. Sad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...