How actually FAX should work?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, Jan 15, 2008.

1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Hi!
    I was set my gateway to authomatically recognize t.38 calls. Then I configure inbound line (from gateway) to transfer all calls to internal fax extension. But when users call from faxes they complains that fax calls get busy. When I call to this line from standart phone I also get busy signal, no the fax tone.

2. weebnuts

I'm getting the same problem, is it because 3cx does not support fax thru SIP provider?

3. igor.snezhko

No, I have full version with fax. 3CX cannot handle fax call for some reason :cry:

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Fax support requires a licensed version and a supported gateway. Currently supported are Grandstream, Patton and Audiocodes.

If you have one of those gateways and are a 3CX partner then please contact support.

5. rico06

rico06 New Member

It seems that I am not alone not tounderstand how the fax T38 work

Yes I have a registered version !!!!

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Do you have a supported gateway? Audiocodes, Grandstream or Patton. It seems you do not and fax is NOT supported if not using any of those gateways.

We can not test all combinations that are available on the market. Thats why we recommend particular gateways, phones and VOIP providers.

7. igor.snezhko

I use Dlink DVG-6004S (4 FXO). It's supporting T.38 protocol but cannot work with 3CX fax. Very strange!

8. rico06

rico06 New Member

and what about the linksys spa9000, can I use it as a T38 gatway and what configuration should I use ???