Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How are Direct SIP inbound calls classified for forwarding?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

Hi

My incoming external calls arrive by "Direct SIP" (i.e. they do not pass trough a VOIP Provider).

When setting forwarding rules it appears that these calls are classified as internal calls. Am I correct in my observation?

Is this the way 3CX is designed to work?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: How are Direct SIP inbound calls classified for forwardi

It may be that only an incoming call using a trunk group, existing in 3CX, is classed as an external call. All others, including Direct SIP are considered internal. Someone from 3CX would have to confirm if this was an intentional choice, or, an oversight.

Perhaps this needs to be a suggested feature in http://3cx.ideascale.com/... "classify Direct SIP calls as external"

3. Squicioktic

Curiously

Who started this forum? I would like to express my congratulations

4. LiscardGP

Re: How are Direct SIP inbound calls classified for forwardi

Good idea leejour

I have added the suggestion to the ideas website.

I anyone thinks direct SIP calls should be classified as external please vote for suggestion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.