• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How best to close the office early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshores

Reaction score
Let's say that the boss decides to close the office early.

What's the easiest implementation for a user (usually receptionist) to override the normal daily hours? Is this where the "Emergency Code" comes into play? Can I have this routed to a separate "Out of Office" IVR (not the normal after-hours IVR) that's pre-configured to say "The boss let us close early..." rather than the normal "You've reached XYZ, but we're currently closed. Our hours are between......." Can I use one of the unused statuses as a 'Leave Early' status, and program one of the softkeys on the receptionist's set for *642 (or whichever status I end up using) which then (based on the definition of the status) plays that pre-recorded IVR?

Follow-up question: is there a way to implement closure days while being remote? For instance, over the winter, when weather precluded a full work day, my customers had to call me, and I remoted into their 3CX server to define that specific day as a holiday. Is there a remote way to accomplish this? Will an IVR accept dial codes (such as the Emergency Code from the earlier question)? Is there any way to turn off the *642 (from the first question) remotely, so that the normal Out of Office rules (and IVR) take over after the 'early out' day, without having to go in the office and dial *64?

I got the info on Dial Codes from here (http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/dial-codes/), but it just talks about appending a 1 or 2, but not why.

Thanks!

Hi,

What we did in this case that seemed to work quite well is created a queue for the receptionist

So Have a Queue with just their extention number in it, and during work hours have the inbound route point to the queue. so then setup the queue to go their phone first and then to your digital receptionist message

So as long as the receptionist logs in and out, when they are not available the digital receptionist will take over.

How would the receptionist log in and out? DND? Presence within App? Dial code?

they login in and out of the queue and you can have multiple people setup in the queue, *62 and *63 or using the app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.