Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How can a user choose which caller ID is shown

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Emily Frank, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily Frank

I have a user who has multiple DIDs that point to her extension. She would like to choose what caller ID appears when she makes a call (i.e. when she makes a sales call, the sales number shows up. a vendor call, the vendor number shows up, ect).
    Is there a way to set that up? a code to type in or a BLF to program?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I seem to recall seeing, an option to change CID , using a dial code, is being considered. I think your only option, at this point would be to assign multiple extensions to the line keys, and assign a different CID to be displayed on outside calls , to each.

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Or to make multiple trunks, one per DID, instead of one trunk, if provider allows this.
    Then you can select which trunk to use with some prefix, like *70, *71, ..., *79 and caller-ID assigned to trunk will be used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.