Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How can configure Cisco 7800 to 3cx on cloud? My one is Cisco 7841. Please...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bill Ko, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Ko

Anyone got any idea about to configure Cisco 7800 series ip phone to 3cx cloud?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

They don' seem to be on the supported list: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

If they're not supported that means there is no template for them.

VPN and manual setup perhaps? Or just get a supported phone maybe some like the Yealink T19 E2 are very cost effective.

Nick Galea likes this.
  3. Bill Ko

If i use the Cisco SPA models template or a custom template by following the guildline , will it work?

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

By standard to connect to the cloud you can do this in one of 3 methods:

* 3CX SBC.
    * Remote STUN/direct SIP via RPS
    * VPN

Unfortunately the Cisco's by default would not support the SBC or STUN (this would be for preferred phone models only).

Your models are not supported at all and thus do not have a template in 3CX. Your only option (unless you want to write yourself a template) is a VPN connection or SBC and manually pointing the phones to the SBC address as the SIP Registrar.

Dependent on the amount of phones you have I would say that this is a lot of hard work and you need to weigh up configuration time vs getting a nice cost effective "supported" alternative.

Despite what some might say personally I find the Cisco phones a real pain to work with in regards to setting them up with anything that isn't a Cisco UC product - as that is what they are designed to do by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.