Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How can I change how incoming calls are displayed?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by intmor, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intmor

Basically, our office uses SNOM 370 phones (not sure if this matters) which have a decently sized attached display. However, when we try to use the call history feature of the phone the display shows too much information regarding the call. The line starts with the name of the calling group the call came in to (we are a small office so we only have one group) then it displays our business phone number, then it displays the caller's name, if provided, or their number.

So the full line of data might look like this...

Office Users:1-212-867-5309:Caller's name

or...

Office Users:1-212-867-5309:1-212-250-6240

...where "Office Users" is our only call group, so it is unnecessary, and "1-212-867-5309" is our business phone number (it's not actually that number, as you might have been able to guess) which we also have no need to see because we already know it.

The problem is that the entire "Office Users:1-212-867-5309:" portion is not only unnecessary but it also pushes the info we actually want (the caller's name or number) off the right edge of the display so we can't see it.

What we will actually see on the screen while viewing the history (looking for missed calls) is something like...

Office Users:1-212-867-5309:Ca

or...

Office Users:1-212-867-5309:1-

...with the rest truncated.

Can anyone direct me to information on how to hide, remove, ignore, etc those first two fields so they do not display so we are able to see the info we need, the caller's name or number? Even if I could only reorder the info so the caller's info was first and our info was after that would be fine because that would allow us to see the pertinent info before the rest is pushed off the right edge. If it is at all possible to show the caller's number then ALSO their name, if available, that would be best. Currently the system displays the number OR the name if available. If it isn't obvious I work in IT but my VOIP skills are 'in progress'.

It's possible I'm asking for a lot so if a direct answer is not available and I need to read up on the matter a link to the appropriate resource would be great. My difficulty is that I'm not even sure what terms to be searching on and the person who was hired to set up our system is unavailable.

Any assistance would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You should be able to choose whether or not to display the ring group name in... General Settings (on 3CX)/ global options tab, then uncheck Append Group and DID names to caller ID. I'm not sure if that will remove your DID number as well.

3. intmor

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I wanted to let you know that although the settings on my end were not exactly the same as you described they were similar enough that I was able to sort it out using your instructions. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.