How can I disable the STUN server?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by softvision, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softvision

Hi,

how can I disable the STUN server? I don't need any STUN server, because I have a direct connection (via leased line) to my VoIP provider. I always use local IP addresses with my VoIP provider. I have removed all settings under "General Settings -> STUN server options", but I still receive the message

[CM306002]: There is no valid STUN server specified! External IP can not be resolved.

every 10 secons.

Thanks
    Bernd

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

take a look on http://www.3cx.com/support/sip-dns-configuration.html. maybe is this what do you are seeking. :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. softvision

Hi, thanks for you post, but this isnt what I am looking for. I just want to remove the STUN server as described in the help message of "General Settings > STUN server options". I have deleted all the values but I still receive the warning message in the log file. Either the description is wrong or there is a bug. Maybe someone of the 3cx stuff reads this and can answer the question.

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

take also a look on: http://www.3cx.com/forums/voip-provider-can-not-register-when-stun-is-removed-5325.html there in stay that in v5 "WIthout stun registering wont work at all. Thats to be expected " from NIck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. otaku-oni

If you can't beat them , join them.

What is the harm if you make it work ? put a stun server there. The PBX will contact the STUN server and the STUN server will reply saying there is no IP/PORT translation.

All SHOULD work from there on. I'ld give that a try.

If it works still speak to support as you may have stumbled on a bug or so :)

6. asfuture

asfuture New Member

Hi OTAKU-ONI
    you are a wise man. sometimes we have to realise ourself that the technic is going on. but about stun server: you need them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.