Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How can I disable the STUN server?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by softvision, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softvision

Hi,

how can I disable the STUN server? I don't need any STUN server, because I have a direct connection (via leased line) to my VoIP provider. I always use local IP addresses with my VoIP provider. I have removed all settings under "General Settings -> STUN server options", but I still receive the message

[CM306002]: There is no valid STUN server specified! External IP can not be resolved.

every 10 secons.

Thanks
    Bernd

2. asfuture

asfuture New Member

take a look on http://www.3cx.com/support/sip-dns-configuration.html. maybe is this what do you are seeking. :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. softvision

Hi, thanks for you post, but this isnt what I am looking for. I just want to remove the STUN server as described in the help message of "General Settings > STUN server options". I have deleted all the values but I still receive the warning message in the log file. Either the description is wrong or there is a bug. Maybe someone of the 3cx stuff reads this and can answer the question.

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

take also a look on: http://www.3cx.com/forums/voip-provider-can-not-register-when-stun-is-removed-5325.html there in stay that in v5 "WIthout stun registering wont work at all. Thats to be expected " from NIck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. otaku-oni

If you can't beat them , join them.

What is the harm if you make it work ? put a stun server there. The PBX will contact the STUN server and the STUN server will reply saying there is no IP/PORT translation.

All SHOULD work from there on. I'ld give that a try.

If it works still speak to support as you may have stumbled on a bug or so :)

6. asfuture

asfuture New Member

Hi OTAKU-ONI
    you are a wise man. sometimes we have to realise ourself that the technic is going on. but about stun server: you need them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.