How can i do to register caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ckyram, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckyram

Hello, i have a problem went i make an outbound call the number displayed (inphonex default number 647xxxxxx from toronto ) we need configure our local phone number .

Thank You

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sending a different number depends on a couple of things...

You are using a VoIP provider

That provider allows you to change the number.

3. ckyram

our voip provider sent us this information

While we have enabled pass-through for your account, we do not support the setup or configuration of devices trying to achieve pass-through.

Our system will look for the following information from your device when the call is sent to our network. If you are not familiar with how to program/configure your device to send this information to us, than you will have to contact the manufacturer of the device so they may assist you with configuration.

ACCOUNT SETUP

*Configure a Local Access Number and Pin*
    1. Login to your Control Panel.
    2. Click on VIRTUAL NUMBERS.
    3. Determine which Virtual Number you want to use in the left-hand drop down menu.
    4. Click on "Local Access Number Setup"
    5. Type a 5 digit PIN and click update.

DEVICE SETUP

The invite our system receives from your device must be in the following format:

INVITE sip:xxx*yyy@sip.proxy.com

Where xxx = The 12 digit Local Access number setup earlier.
    Where yyy = destination number.

EXAMPLE:
    VN=7777777
    PIN=12345
    Destination=13057280000
    PROXY=sip.mysip.com

Invite will look like:
    INVITE sip:777777712345*13057280000@sip.mysip.com

The from should always be the name and number you wish to display for caller id.

If you have any other questions, please search our support knowledge base at http://www.inphonex.com/articles/ or call us at (866) 349‐7338. We are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 5 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Please be sure to include your Ticket # (HTH-77746-556) if you contact us again about this issue.

Thank you for your business.

where i can configurate this "INVITE sip:777777712345*13057280000@sip.mysip.com" in my system?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A quick way to tell if this is going to work, at least this worked with my VoIP provider...in an extension, set the number to display (usually blank) to "something". I found that no matter the digit length, that number was sent out as caller ID. This is for a DID. This may, or may not work, in your case.

In the trunk settings, for the outgoing trunk, there is a field to set the displayed number also. that may, or may not , override the default number sent out on the trunk. For a "fixed" number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.