How can I get call history record

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Summer41074, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Summer41074

I know we can Enable CDR from Settings -->CDR, but I believe we can just get the call data record that is made after the time I enable CDR, right? But I already have many records in DB, how can I retrieve them? Can these be retrieved from 3CX's Database directly.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I strongly advice NOT to look into the DB of 3CX. Wrong operations will halt your system...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Summer41074

Yes, I understand, and I wouldn't like too if there is any way that I can retrieve these history data out. Is there any way that can do?

4. Summer41074

And I will not do any other operations but just read these history records, and it will be one time operation. After the initial pull of data, we will enable CDR, and read CDR files to get information. Any suggestion?

5. Summer41074

Yes, I understand, and I wouldn't like too if there is any way that I can retrieve these history data out. Is there any way that can do?

And I will not do any other operations but just read these history records, and it will be one time operation. After the initial pull of data, we will enable CDR, and read CDR files to get information. Any suggestion?

6. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

As Stefan made quite clear, accessing the database directly is strongly discouraged. Unfortunately, as you have noted, there is no way to get historical information except by accessing the database. You might consider our 3CX Exporter add-on for this purpose. It uses a very carefully crafted read-only connection to the PostgreSQL database, and has been in use around the world for about 6 -7 years without any issues. In addition, it also can automatically process the CDR files and place all this data in a SQL or MySQL database.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...