how can I setup an external connection?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cyberhostpro, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberhostpro

HI

we have a 3cx v11 1u server in our office. we have several snom 360 phones and all work just fine.

I want to be able to use a softphone from my home office for those days when I want to work remotely.

I have setup a new extension like below, however i can not get it to connect.

3CX Extension settings:
    [​IMG]

router settings:

[​IMG]

eyebeam account settings:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've tried messing around with the account options, ie enabling stun/ice etc but nothing connects

either gives 400 error or 408

what am I doing wrong???

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well...first off, under Property of Account 1, Send outbound via...should it not be port 5060 (not 5065) at the end of the PBX public IP, should it not? That is the default port that 3CX "listens" on, unless you have changed it. The local port can be 5065 , if you choose.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The logs should say a lot...

Are you allowing the extension to connect from outside of the LAN. (A checkbox within the extension)

The extension has no MAC address or phone set so selecting stun mode is useless - this only helps provision the device.

Leejor - The 5065 setting is not checked... It is set to domain which is a line above...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, had just given it a quick glance. Using the domain name means that it is required to be datafilled at the 3CX end as well. However, the fact that 5065 is in there means that it may have been set somewhere else and may still be trying that port.

Does the 3CX log show anything at all when attempting to register from outside? Do you get some sort of error/forbidden message?

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you attempted to manaully configure the handset at all? Hae tou also tried vhouzia the link below? Firmware maybe different though should be a decent guide.

https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/snom-370-remote-extension/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cyberhostpro

HI
    Sorry for the delay!

I'll try this again later this evening, I'll try using the softphone client from http://www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/ and see if this works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.