How can we provide feedback to the developers?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The program works and was fairly easy to setup so I would say that the project is off to a great start.

Since the developers are gracious enough to provide the software for free, I think that the users such as myself should provide feedback, but only if there will always be a free version. I've never been interested in demoing the beta to find I have to pay for the good working version.

The Proxy Hostname or IP won't accept domain names.
    Shouldn't be forced to use a STUN server unless necessary. I have had Axon running perfectly fine without it.
    The Line Status shows my external line being not registered but I can make and receive calls, so it's creating a false alarm.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Free edition

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. There will always be a Free edition of 3CX, however the exact feature set might change over time. That said we will always provide a free version that allows users to implement a workable PBX. Furthermore we will also be giving away Enterprise editions to beta testers who have provided valuable feedback to us.

In regards to your feedback:

The Proxy Hostname or IP won't accept domain names.

> We will check this

Shouldn't be forced to use a STUN server unless necessary. I have had Axon running perfectly fine without it.

> OK

The Line Status shows my external line being not registered but I can make and receive calls, so it's creating a false alarm.

> The lines would not actually have registered, but for external lines we dont require this. So its possible for lines not to be registered but still usable... What provider or gateway are you using?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Provider Name

I am using acanac from acanac.com.

When the server was originally setup, the line was considered registered and displayed a green alert. I just went back in and selected the Ring Group again and the line registered again.

Suggested Improvements:
    1) Is there a way to add an email alert in the event that it drops?
    2) There should be monitoring screens that don't require login, or at least a view only login. I don't like the idea of leaving the system open with full access so I can check the status of the lines.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Registration

Hi,

We are working on a windows client which will allow you to monitor status of extensions without having access to the configuration of the phone system.

In regards to notification, yes these are things we are considering for the final version.

Thank you for your feedback.