Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How days back does "Activity Log" go?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben C, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben C

The "Activity Log" shows only 3 pages. How can I get log from many days back, or months back?
    Can I get the log file off from 3CX and process it with a third party app?

Thank you
    Ben

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I can not say for sure but try this in the Parameters:
    MAINTENANCE_KEEP_DAYS
    Mine is set to 5 - but I am only seeing 3+ days right now. Could be because I installed SP3 Sunday night.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ben C

Hi Creig
    Thanks for the reply.

I think that is: Troubleshooting > Activity Log > Logging > Keep backup of log files for: x days.
    I have this set to '30 days'

Do you know what 'backup log files' are? Where are they stored? How to access them?
    I have 'Event log' showing 34 pages (going back to March 2), but 'Activity log' shows 3 pages and doesn't go back more than 2 days.
    'Event Log' doesn't have much details and doesn't show successful calls.
    I need to go back to March 2 and see how an extension was able to place calls to countries that were NOT allowed. Also outbound rules were bypassed (area codes are blocked). And this happened after we upgraded from V12 to V14. Is it a coincidence !!?

So, I want to get the 'Activity Log' details for March 2. Is this possible? Where are these records stored?

I tried '3CX Log Reader" and opened "3CXPhoneSystem-20160307-082322.blrec", it shows records from today's date (March 10) only, even though the file name says 20160307.
    This is the oldest .blrec file (what's the meaning of 'bl rec' by the way)

Thank you
    Ben

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So my logs still go back to Sunday... now 3.5 days. That was when 3cx restarted.
    When did you last restart 3cx services?

You'll have to wait for another person or hunt around for the logs. Not near my servers right now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ben C

When you say 'my logs...', are you referring to 'Event log" or "Activity Log" ?

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Generally logs are cleared whenever the services are restarted, but if you want to see a fair amount of logs, the logging level should be at least set to 'Normal', not 'Low'.

Also personally I find the Log Viewer app to be the best way to look through logs, however I do get quite a bit of practice with it...

7. Ben C

Hi NickD
    Hi have the logging level set to verbose, 30 days. Does the log still clear after a restart?

There is a backup .blrec file but 'log viewer' can't open it

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, logs should still be cleared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.