How do add extensions on my cloud pbx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZIRARI, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZIRARI

Hi i created my account in 3cx PBX express but i dont know how to add my extension to my server can any one please give me an idea to do that ?

2. AlexDBarrett

Have you logged into the 3CX Dashboard?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ZIRARI likes this.
  3. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi,

You should have configured at least one extension while going through the PBX Express Wizard. (Step 6)

In any case, you can manage that extension and/or others via the Management console. You should have received an email containing all the information you need to access it. (URL + Credentials)

Here's a link to the Admin manual which explains how to manage extensions: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/extension-management/

ZIRARI likes this.
  4. ZIRARI

Thank you for your quick response ;

Yes i logged to the dashboard , this is the screenshot of my dashboard and my extension .

is it necessary to have a SIP provider to make a call between two 3cx softphone ??

Attached Files:

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ZIRARI,

If the two softphones are connected to the same PBX then they can call each other directly without having to set up a voice provider.

ZIRARI likes this.
  6. ZIRARI

Thank You YiannisH for your reply ,
    But how i can Configure my extension to my Cloud Pbx , i Used my public Ip but my extention won't registred to my server .

did i miss something ?

this is the screenshot of my extension

Attached Files:

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please enable the 3CX tunnel when out of office and try again. Also keep the settings included in the welcome email default.

8. ZIRARI

I used My tunnel but it's still not working

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

What version of 3CX client are you using? From the screenshot you do not appear to be using the latest one.
    Please make sure that you are running the latest version of 3CX client and that under your extension settings in the management console the tunnel option is also enabled. Then send a new welcome mail and reprovision the client.

If that does not work please try and provision an IOS or Android client using the same welcome email and try again using 3g/4g and let us know if that works

10. ZIRARI

Hello YiannisH ,

I installed the Last version of 3CX client but i didn't receive even the welcome Email .

Attached Files:

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Did you set up your SMTP settings correctly? Navigate to settings / mail and make sure that information there are correct. Then click the test button and see if you can receive the Test email. If you can't you need to set it up correctly. If the test passes then go to Extensions highlight your extension and press send welcome email

12. AlexDBarrett

Google Cloud will not allow direct email from the 3CX system. Which cloud provider are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. ZIRARI

thank you sir for your Help and these detailed information , Now my 3cx client was provisioned with the email and connected to my server correctly .

Now im using just the terial , can i activate it ?

14. ZIRARI

Hello AlexDBarrett

i'm using just the terial of Pbx Express , i didn't yet use a provider i test it just in the network

15. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That depends what you used to install the system, if you used the 7 days trial then you cannot as this is hosted by us and will expire in 7 days. This is just for testing purposes and should not be used for production systems.
    If you used your own account to deploy the PBX then you can upgrade the key to any version you want.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/pbx-google-cloud/

16. Strass67

Hi,
    I have a similar problem with PBX. I have activated the SIP trunk (provided by OVH) and I try to configure my first extension.
    I have the green light on the trunk page but impossible to have it on the extension page. I never received the email.
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.