Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How do I add a pause in a dialed number in 3CX Phone client?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by belyak, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belyak

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: How do I add a pause in a dialed number in 3CX Phone cli

I'm not sure that you can (although someone may surprise us) as the string is sent out as a whole once the "off hook" key is hit. The string would have to send the phone number as a SIP message, pause, the send the remaining digits as DTMF audio or a SIP DTMF message (depending on settings).

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try inserting 'DD' into the DTMF string. The effect most probably would be inserting a 80 or 160 ms pause.
    ('D' is one of the 16 DTMF digits: 0123456789*#ABCD; DD would mean dialing nothing). Helps in many cases (latency of gateways and omitting digits).

See this related threat also: http://www.3cx.com/forums/dialplan-or-2-stage-dialing-via-office-pbx-pstn-lines-20938.html?highlight=pause

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. belyak

I'm use 12345678DD111. It's not working for me.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Sorry,
    but no other idea. If Bria is fine, use it for the while.

SIP is generally 'one-stage' dialing (i.e. 'number@sip_server_address'). Second-stage is sending DTMF after being connected.
    The BRIA obviously is waiting for connection (the specified time or until connected) and then sends the rest as DTMF.

The trick with 'DD' work when digits are lost in transmission because of slow analog device, typical application -- a PSTN line or device (GSM gateway, etc.) attached to FXO port (e.g. to SPA-3102) -- sending '123456789@spa3102_pstn' results in dialing '3456789' or similar. This is still a 'one-stage' dialing case.

This is different from the case above ('two-stage dialing'), where DTMF is expected after connection, and is client specific functionality.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. belyak

Please, vote for this feature by this url: 3cx.ideascale.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.