How do I do a TCPDUMP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

I have setup a SIP Trunk with FlowRoute and it has registered but I can not receive calls nor make them. They want me to run a TCPDUMP

How do I do this and where can I find the software that does this and install it or is it already in 3CX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Within 3CX You will probably be using the Server logs. They will show you where the call is routing and what the response is once the call is sent. The verbose option provides the most detail. Anything beyond that will probably require the use of a tools such as Wireshark. That will show you all messages sent and received.

If the trunk shows as registered (you do have it set to register, in the trunks settings? otherwise it will show as registered, even if it isn't), then the provider should be able to tell you what they are seeing.

3. petewatterschats

and one registered should it work?

How do I know if If it set to register, in the trunks settings?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you open the VoIP provider you created, you will see an Advanced tab at the top. Click on that and about half way down you will see...Require Registration for... and a drop down menu. Unless there is some specific reason not to, it should be set to In and Outgoing calls.

5. petewatterschats

Checked it and that was the way it was

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.