How do I know PUSH is working?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Doogie, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogie

Hello,

I installed the current Version of 3CXPhone V12 on my Samsung S4 and followed the steps i found here http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-push-technology/
    to enable the PUSH option.

But how can I check if i was successfull? The phone battery is still losing 20% in one hour, at this rate it's impossible to use in a professional environment. So, I doubt that everything went right...
    Any way to confirm if push is working or not?

thanks
    Doogie

2. roland.s

3CX Support

hi Doogie,

Simply let the phone go to sleep and then trigger a call to your 3CXPhone. If you have properly configured it, PUSH technology will wake up the smartphone when a call is received. In other words you are not required to keep the phone active to be able to receive calls.

3. Doogie

Thanks, got it!

but it didn't proove quite practical, as it takes a lot of time for the app to launch, build up the tunnel and connect... most of the times the call is already ended by then... :(

So, I'm just using it for changing status then...

4. Deepest

Hi Doogie

My solution to this issue is to setup Available 2 profile with a longer divert time to give you time to open the push message and everything to register and connect and use this profile when i am out of the office.

Cheers

5. Doogie

good thinking!
    Will give that a try, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.