Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How do I provision remote phones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben_ITF, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_ITF

Hi All,

I am setting up a 3CX install with 20ish phones. 4~ phones will be in the main office with the 3CX server, and the rest will be offsite at other locations. The phones that are at other locations will be using the 3CX SIP Proxy manager.

I have tested that the proxy works with a dew phones and everything looks OK with the phones I have manually configured but is there a way to auto provision the phones?

I have created a new phone template in 3CX that edits the options for account 1 to what I need (SIP server/port, and the outbound proxy/port)

On the phone provisioning tab in Extensions I have selected my template for the phone and changed the provisioning method to remote extension (SIP proxy manager) and entered the IP for the proxy.

I thought that if I change the auto provisioning URL in the phone interface it would get a copy of the modified template and apply the correct settings to connect to my proxy.

This is my first time modifying a template so it is possible I have changed the wrong thing.

Thanks

EDIT ** The phones are mostly Yealink T20s and some T22s. My 3CX server is version 12

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Templates should'nt be modified for this matter, please follow steps described on http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/ and ensure to be running latest service pack and supported firmware for your phones (T20 : 9.71.0.224, T22: 7.71.0.224).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ben_ITF

Thanks PJ,
    I followed the instructions in the blog post and upgraded the firmware of the phones and it started working. Thanks for replying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.