How do I set up 3CX purely for INTERNAL calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MarkAmations, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkAmations

I need to set this up for internal calls. All hard and softphones will be on the same network. I dont want to have to pay for a VOIP provider, I only want internal calls on the same network. How would I go about setting this up. I have asked about and no one seems to know. any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

-Mark

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Use the free version - 2 max calls.
    Pay for a license... and get more calls.

VoIP provider is not a requirement if you do not plan on making any calls. You can do a gateway and use a PRI or Analog lines... but again, not required.

If you do need a VoIP Provider in the USA - I can highly recommend SigmaVoIP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't asked the right people. The 3CX site itself has a lot of tutorial informations on PBX set-up, you just have to look for it.

Setting up extensions is straight forward and really doesn't differ greatly whether you make outside calls or not. Setting up the PBX is easier if you are only doing inside calls as you don't have to build any outbound rules, you also don't require an internet connection except during the initial install. In fact, you don't even need a router as long as all devices are assigned a fixed IP address. You simply choose how many digits long you want internal extensions (when you first install 3CX), then begin creating them.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/extension-management/.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/training-videos/configuring-extensions-2/

f you are using 3CX supported sets, a configuration file will be created for each extension, the set will (should) download that file when it next boots up (some sets require a router capable of Option 66 (tells devices the IP address of the tftp server, and , of course, a running tftp server). Short of that, many sets (even those that are not officially "supported") can be configured manually through a menu (GUI).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.