• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How do I set which network card the server app binds too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Ward

Reaction score
I have an SBS server with two Nics each on separate IP subnets. I want force 3cx to use one card as a preference for external SIP trunks as this connects to a dedicated ADSL service for VOIP.

In the bug fix list for the latest build it says the binding can be set in the 3cxsystem.ini file but I don't know the syntax.

Can any one help. :?

This would not help you right now since I haven't a clue on how to do that, though I am pretty sure someone will soon supply that info. If you are just beginning to evaluate 3CX you may want to consider waiting a couple of weeks for v4. Multiple NICs is one of the many new options that are going to be available and since you will upgrade then, any changes and learning curve would be short lived.

Does anyone know what this setting is as we have a v3 server thats having problems because 3CX is sending traffic out of the wrong NIC.

For version 3:
3CXPhoneSystem.ini
[General]
sipInterfaceIP = 192.168.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.