How do I setup a trunk without registration?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meshuga, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshuga

On Asterisk and on other phone systems I can setup a dial pattern (eg 5XXX) to pass all calls to another SIP enabled endpoint this way, but I did not see a method to do this with 3cx. Any ideas?

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

It is a little bit unclear what it is you would like to achieve.

Could you please describe in step-by-step format what you would like to do?

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. meshuga

I want to configure 3cx so any extension in a dial pattern of 3XXX is dialed, a call is immediately passed to another SIP registrar (or another 3cx machine)
    without using user registration.

I set this up in Cisco Callmanager, Asterisk and Cisco Routers all the time. The advantage is when I have a 'client site' with its own pbx system, but I want majority of the extensions to still ring up the main phone system.

In Asterisk you would configure a trunk, define the static IP used and name it. Then go into dial patterns and state that any number within a range (eg 3XXX) pass over using said trunk. This does not require any username or passwords, since you pre-defined the endpoint IPs in trunk configuration on each endpoint.

Heres an example on both the Callmanager and Asterisk side:
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cisco+CallManager+Integration

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Can you setup the other endpoint as a voip provider in the 3cx? It will ask for registration info, put in somethign bogus. After creation, go to the voip provider -> Advanced tab and set registration to "do not require". This will give you a true sip trunk. Then create an outbound rule for 5xxx to force it over that voip provder. Then you can create an DIDs/Inbounnd rule for calls coming the other direction if necessary.

Let me know.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. meshuga

Fantastic, I will try that and let you know.

Thanks for the input!

6. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Basically a SIP Trunk is normally a VoIP Connection that does NOT use Registration for authentication/authorization, but binds to a static IP Address and assumes that that IP address is authorized.

As Mike pointed out, you may be able to achieve the scope by configuring the other SIP endpoint as a VoIP Provider, and setting it to NOT require registration for both inbound and outbound calls.

You can then direct calls across this route via the Outbound Rules as with other VoIP Provider accounts. If you do not need/want to accept inbound calls over this channel, you may disable incoming calls for it. Some tweaking of the Outbound Parameters, Inbound Parameters, and Source Identification rules may be necessary.

Regards

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.