How do I update the firmware on Aastra 57i?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsmack79, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsmack79

I recently installed 3cx. The soft phones seem to be working well.

I got an Aastra 57i. i entered the MAC address and other info into the Provisioning tab of the Extensions section in 3cx.

I followed the instructions for setting up a 57i with 3cx. The phone still does not operate. I looked and saw that it had old firmware. I can't get this firmware to update.

How can I update it manuall? it doesn't seem to pull any new firmware from the 3cx server.

Thanks.

2. comresource

comresource Member

Download and drop the new firmware file (firmware.st) to your server. Log into the phone web configuration page. Click on Firmware Update, select your firmware file, protocol (TFTP/HTTP..) give it the server info (ip,path,port...) and click download firmware

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jsmack79

Is there a way to see what version the 3cx has?

I do not see the 57i updating. I manually downloaded the newest firmware. In what directory do I put it on the 3cx server? The phone can't seem to find it.

4. comresource

comresource Member

You can either drop it in the provisioning directory of 3CX and use HTTP and give it the path, or you can download tftp32 (http://tftpd32.jounin.net/) and use the TFTP protocol to pull it from wherever you configure it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jsmack79

The provisioning directory is what I can't seem to find.

I'm not sure where to drop my firmware file.

Where do I find the provisioning directory on my computer? The phone is set to HTTP and to look in /provisioning/.

6. frrrosty

Is it just me, or is Aastra support totally non-existent? anyway, above someone says "download the firmware". Well, that's the freekin problem!!!!! It's not available for download! how do I get 57i firmware ANYONE! PLEASE HELP, because aastra only wants to talk to you if you're buying. I guess once you've purchased, it's WDKY

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Be calm. We'll help best we can.
    In 3cx manager Goto
    Settings
    Phone provisioning
    Ip phone firmware
    Then add firmware
    Then add

Then select the file to upload. This uploads to the provisioning firmware folder @
    Http://pbxip:5000/provisioning/firmware
    No need to find it on your server.
    No need to jump out of your skin.

http://www.aastra.com/cps/rde/aareddownload?file_id=7041-16169-_P06_XML&dsproject=aastra&mtype=zip

http://www.aastra.com/document-library.htm?curr_nav=2&curr_fam=Aastra+6750i&prod_id=7041

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.