How do you get your VoIP number in 411 & phone books

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning,

We are having some issues when it comes to clients that need to be listed in the 411 directory and the phone book.
    We have been researching and so far have been told that in order to be listed in a phone book and/or the 411 directory you need to have the VoIP provider publish your number. The numbers are U.S. phone numbers for U.S. clients in a variety of states.

Is this true?
    If it is true which VoIP providers will publish your number for you?
    Is there a way we can self-publish client numbers so they get into the phone book and 411 directory?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I generally use NexVortex and they can do it for you. I think they charge $20 or something like that to do it. I think it should be free but maybe they get charged by their carriers.

Not sure if you can do it yourself. I kind of hope not or else everyone could mess up 411 across the US.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks Rob,

I'll check out NexVortex. I was suprised when I found out that BroadVoice, Inphonex, and others don't have a way to get their customers listed. Most businesses need to be listed in the phone book and 411. I would think that the ability to get customers listed would be a priority to any VoIP company providing phone service to businesses. :shock:

Go figure :roll:

Anyhow, thanks again and take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.