How does the new transfer directly to VM feature work?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paulg, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulg

In the "What's new in Version 11?" notes, I see that "Calls can now also be transferred directly to someone's voice mail."
    How does this feature work? In the past we've had to use the *4 dial code avenue, which was a bit of a pain. I don't see instructions as to how this "new feature" is supposed to work. Can anyone enlighten me? Whatever I can do to shorten the amount of keying by our receptionist is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sorry, I do not know of any other feature - unless maybe it has to do with MyPhone ?
    Where are you reading this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paulg

I saw something about it in the Video introducing Version 11, and on page 14 in the user manual it says

Other Updates
    3CX Phone system version 11 includes the following updates:
     Emergency numbers are always dialled irrelevant of the time of the day, outbound rules,
    holidays or other time restrictions.
     Voice messages which are shorter than 2 seconds will only generate missed call
    notification.
    Calls can now also be transferred directly to someone’s voice mail.
     The administrator can be notified of missed calls and calls to blocked countries
     Security has also been improved. 3CX MyPhone can be configured to allow calls to certain
    countries only, thus avoiding Toll fraud.
     The Administrator can now configure a directory containing music on hold files which can
    be played either in sequence or randomly for music on hold.

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

on myphone or via 3cx management console ->forwading rules (available, away tab....) choose "send call to" and there will be list of the extensions and voice mails for all that extensions so you can choose to send call to some of that voice mails

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can dial 4 *phone number or simply click on the vm transfer icon if your using myphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Or I'm sorry if your are attempting to send it to vm immediately you simply forward to anther extensions vm in the management console under extension and forwarding rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.