• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How give people a personal fax extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleksandr

Reaction score
3. Select to which email address you want to email the received fax. If you select “Default FAX Destination”, the fax will be sent to the email address configured for the virtual fax extension number. Alternatively you can forward faxes to the email address configured for a particular extension. This allows you to create multiple DID rules so as to give people a personal fax extension. You can configure the default email address from the settings > fax node.
Page 81
How to implement it? Write details.

You do this in the Inbound Rules.

I am assuming you are using the 3CX Fax server? As this is how it works?

In the Inbound rules create a new rule for the DID you want to assign as a fax number for a user.

In the DID/DDI number/mask put this number in there (no spaces or dashes - e.g. 555111222)

Then in the In Office Hours rule select the "Send Fax to email of Extension" and select the extension that has the user assigned to it and that has their email address assigned to that user/extension (this is the last option in the list)

So if i had a number 555-111-2222 and extension 104 was assigned to Joe Public with email [email protected] in the rules i would choose Send Fax to and drop down the box to select 104 - Joe Public.

Make sure you check the "Same as during office hours box" for the after hours and hit apply.

Yes I using the 3CX Fax server

Reactions: gluetome
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.