How give people a personal fax extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Aleksandr, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleksandr

3. Select to which email address you want to email the received fax. If you select “Default FAX Destination”, the fax will be sent to the email address configured for the virtual fax extension number. Alternatively you can forward faxes to the email address configured for a particular extension. This allows you to create multiple DID rules so as to give people a personal fax extension. You can configure the default email address from the settings > fax node.
    Page 81
    How to implement it? Write details.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You do this in the Inbound Rules.

I am assuming you are using the 3CX Fax server? As this is how it works?

In the Inbound rules create a new rule for the DID you want to assign as a fax number for a user.

In the DID/DDI number/mask put this number in there (no spaces or dashes - e.g. 555111222)

Then in the In Office Hours rule select the "Send Fax to email of Extension" and select the extension that has the user assigned to it and that has their email address assigned to that user/extension (this is the last option in the list)

So if i had a number 555-111-2222 and extension 104 was assigned to Joe Public with email jpublic@mycompany.com in the rules i would choose Send Fax to and drop down the box to select 104 - Joe Public.

Make sure you check the "Same as during office hours box" for the after hours and hit apply.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aleksandr

Yes I using the 3CX Fax server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.