Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How identify the called telephone line?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by christo83000, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christo83000

Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to know which line was used by the caller.
    Well, in fact, we represents several commercial entities and so, we have several phone numbers. Currently, there are 3 telephones per person, which
    are connected to 3 differents phone numbers. Furthermore, the client is identidied thanks to the phone he/she calls on!
    As you can see, it's quite complicated to handle...
    For instance, is it possible (with 3cx) to keep only one phone per desk which can inform on the caller's phone number and precise by a calling code the line number the client composed?

I hope my explanations are comprehensible.
    Thank you for your attention and for your future answers.

2. AJAY

One way to do it is use DID/DDI's

Add and assign assign 3 DDI's
    Name them to your choice such as the clients that you represent.
    Set which Extns they are to ring at or group.
    Tick box next to line Override incoming Caller ID with DID name

Hey presto.

Then go round desks and get rid of 2 phones per desk.
    NB -The above was written assuming that you were using SIP phones as there was no detail in original O/P.

3. alex22alex

Hello,

Thanks for this tip. I also really need to be able to see the number called. Does anyone know if there is a way of not losing the incoming callers number but also still seeing what group or number they called originally.

When someone calls us it appears as CallerNumber@91.85. However i have no idea what 91.85 stands for its always the same ( We use Cisco 7960's ) can this be used to identify the number called ?

Any ideas. Alex

4. AJAY

Using the above method posted an incoming call brings up the name of DDI and number calling on a Grandstream 2000 phone.
    I will get one of our CISCO's out later and see what the effect is there and see if I can find out why.
    Feel free to PM if you need to.

5. darrellchapman

Is there any way to accomplish this 2 way VoIP lines rather than DIDs? For example, what if each number was the main number through different providers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.