how in the world do I know what type of lines,equipment??

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by szymas, Aug 28, 2007.

1. szymas

I am interested in your product, I can tell you what I have, and maybe be pointed in a better direction..

We have a Merlin Legend with the following boardss attached to it:
    016 with Ring Generation
    100D DS1 Trunk
    408 GS/LS ID MLX

we have 20 phones in office

Our handsets are Lucent mlx-10DP

I believe we have a "T-1" data line for our phones..

Thanks for any help

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

I am not familiar with your equipment.

What I can tell you is that this system can be set up with the following types of equipment which is relatively inexpensive.

1 Windows based server runing Windows XP, Server, or Vista, and how ever many SIP phones or ATA adaptors you need. You will also need a network with broadband internet access such as DSL or cable.

One of our local systems uses the following:
    1 Server: Windows Server 2003 with a P4 3ghz CPU and 1 Gig of Ram.
    3 Polycom Soundpoint IP 501 phones
    1 Grandstream GXP 2000 phone.
    1 Grandstream 486 ATA adaptor.

To get a real feel for the system and its needs on your network I would reccomend setting it up on a virtual server and using some soft-phones (X-Lite) on some of the workstations for testing. Once you are satisfied with the 3CX software you can purchase some SIP phones (ie. Grandstream, Polycom, Astra, Linksys) to try them out and get a feel for them as well.

There is also a wide variety of VoIP providers available that offer a variety of capabilities. I reccomend doing some research to settle on some that are available in your geographical area and offer the services you need. Most have a basic account you can use to test out the quality and compatibility of ther service.

Take care,

3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi szymas,

Your existing equipments should be a proprietary telephone system (Avaya). They should be unable to connect to other PABX.

If you want to switch your existing proprietary telephone system to SIP standard IPPBX. All your existing equipments will unable to make use.

Please found 10 reasons to switch to an IP PBX:
    http://www.3cx.com/PBX/pbx-benefits-wp.html

4. szymas

5. szymas

VOIP Providers..

Ok, most of them offer packages for say two lines.. our current system has 8 lines ( 8 phone numbers) and 3 fax (analog lines) how would I get a quote on this..

and can you recoomend any VOIP providers in the New England Region

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

You should be contact your local 3CX partner with SI services for more information. Referred to your post, seems you have T1 IDA-P (ISDN-PRI) trunk line which 23 channels with over 100 DID numbers (our provider assigned 300 DID numbers for our T1 IDA-P).

1 x 3CX IPPBX
    1 x T1 IDA-P Gateway
    ? x Phones

For the quote, I think partners who at USA will PM you for more details

"8 lines ( 8 phone numbers)", digital or analog line? If they are analog lines:
    1 x 3CX IPPBX
    1 x 8 ports FXO gateway
    ? x Phones
    At this moment, I think you need to direct connected your 3 FAX machines to PSTN analog ( our build 2434 not supported T.38 yet )

7. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

You should be contact your local 3CX partner with SI services for more information. Referred to your post, seems you have T1 IDA-P (ISDN-PRI) trunk line which 23 channels with over 100 PSTN numbers (our provider assigned 300 PSTN numbers for our T1 IDA-P).

1 x 3CX IPPBX
    1 x T1 IDA-P Gateway
    ? x Phones

For the quote, I think partners who at USA will PM you for more details

"8 lines ( 8 phone numbers)", digital or analog line? If they are analog lines:
    1 x 3CX IPPBX
    1 x 8 ports FXO gateway
    ? x Phones
    At this moment, I think you need to direct connected your 3 FAX machines to PSTN analog lines (our build 2434 not supported T.38 yet )

8. szymas

thanks will do