• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How many lines for Voip gateway ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exeicom

Reaction score
Hi, we are wholesale VoIP company.
We have only one gateway provider (ie. voip.eutelia.it) and we have thousand of lines assigned to our customers.
When I create Voip gateway on 3CX, it ask me how many lines for this gateway (max 16) but, for the same gateway, I must assign
thousand of lines....
Is there a way ?
Thanks to all !
Daniele - Exeicom

YOU ARE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME :lol:

That is a something different.

You have to wait for the enterprise edition, that allows you to add unlimited lines.

But you might want to have a chat with Nick about this, because this might need a bit more than the standard "box". Nick or one of the support guys might know what the cut-off point is for the software.

But thinkig thousands of extensions...... not sure if the current DB can handle all the call logging for that.

What I would do in this scenario....... is to have multiple versions of 3CX in seperate environments. This gives you redundancy, and spreads the load accross the network re SIP traffic. Not sure that is required but with so many extensions that might be the way to go. Thinking about it here is another feature request comming up.

3CX pairs, have the ability to configure multiple 3cx boxes (this we can do) but have them configured as pairs like master and slave (primary, secondary). If one fails or runs out of capacity the other takes on the additional processing.

Than again sounds like you have an interesting setup, not sure how that all will work but interesting non the less.

No problem for logs...

For all logs is not a problem because we wrote a software procedure interfaced with 3CX database.
This software, transfer all logs from postgresql database to an MS SQL server and delete logs from postgresql.
It works fine.
Another software procedure we have implemented, is a GUI for our customers, to create by themself an extension on 3CX with the possibility to route the incoming calls on external number.
With ODBC postgresql, all work very very fine !
The only limitation, is the number of line for the same provider (in our case, is one provider with many lines).
But demo version, is not working as Professional version of 3CX ?
Is it possible to have a demo for the top version ?
Thanks and regards.
Exeicom.
Daniele

Sounds you people are on the ball (so to speak).

Looks like you got all the bases covered.

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/enterprise-features.html
Shows that the enterprise is the only one capable of unlimted lines.

Not sure if that version is available yet (trying to get my hands on that myself) but get in touch with admin or COstas and they can tell you.

Hi Daniele,

Sounds like you have a very interesting integration there! Wed love to hear more about it. The only problem i see is that the database is still changing so each update will require some extra testing to check that it is compatible with your application.

The enterprise edition will be ready within the next few weeks. We are also working on a document to configure 3CX as a clustered system....

just a question - the implementation of database transfer was made by vb.net and asp.net for the clients ? we build a portalsoftware where we want to integrate some phone features like status and quick dial - if you share your information we are always interested in cooperation all scenarios.

andy

Implementation

silentfun said:
just a question - the implementation of database transfer was made by vb.net and asp.net for the clients ? we build a portalsoftware where we want to integrate some phone features like status and quick dial - if you share your information we are always interested in cooperation all scenarios.

andy

For now, it's wrote in asp code and not in .net but, in the future, we'll write code in .net for other our applications.

Are you interested however ?

reagards. Daniele

admin said:
Hi Daniele,

Sounds like you have a very interesting integration there! Wed love to hear more about it. The only problem i see is that the database is still changing so each update will require some extra testing to check that it is compatible with your application.

The enterprise edition will be ready within the next few weeks. We are also working on a document to configure 3CX as a clustered system....

I try to send you a private msg, but I do not understand as I must make !!! :)
Can I've your private email address ?
Thanks
Daniele

Just click on the PM button.

The same type of screen pops up as you would see when you post.

Enter your subject in the subject areas.

Enter the text in the big square.

Press submit

Somehow it will reach nick, magic does happen :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.