• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How many Postgres.exe executables should be running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrellchapman

Reaction score
Maybe this is the first time that I've actually checked but today while doing some maintenance on my 3CX Server I noticed there were eight different postgres.exe processes running. There was also a pg_ctl.exe and postmaster.exe process running. Is this normal? I'm no Postgres expert but I would assume there should only be one unless I had multiple instances of Postgres running (which I don't).

Has anyone else experienced this problem with build 4287 or any previous builds?

It sounds about right to me. In my case the number of postgres procedures vary over time between 8 and 12. Often it stabilizes around 10.
Halea

I also have about 8 running...
This is normal. PostgreSQL uses a multi-process architecture. In an empty system you will see anything from two to five processes. Once clients start to connect, the number of processes will increase. ,--- as per Postgres website

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm used to seeing only one sqlservr.exe process regardless of how many databases are attached to the server so I was a little confused.

Thanks again.

And I have nearly 300! postgres.exe tasks. What is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mendy E
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.