How many Postgres.exe executables should be running?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by darrellchapman, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

Maybe this is the first time that I've actually checked but today while doing some maintenance on my 3CX Server I noticed there were eight different postgres.exe processes running. There was also a pg_ctl.exe and postmaster.exe process running. Is this normal? I'm no Postgres expert but I would assume there should only be one unless I had multiple instances of Postgres running (which I don't).

Has anyone else experienced this problem with build 4287 or any previous builds?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halea

Halea New Member

It sounds about right to me. In my case the number of postgres procedures vary over time between 8 and 12. Often it stabilizes around 10.
    Halea

3. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

I also have about 8 running...
    This is normal. PostgreSQL uses a multi-process architecture. In an empty system you will see anything from two to five processes. Once clients start to connect, the number of processes will increase. ,--- as per Postgres website

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. darrellchapman

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm used to seeing only one sqlservr.exe process regardless of how many databases are attached to the server so I was a little confused.

Thanks again.

5. Sharky

And I have nearly 300! postgres.exe tasks. What is the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.