• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

HOW Soft or hardphone through firewall or proxy server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feestbeestzaandam

New User
Reaction score
I Have i problem.

My wife is going to a clinic voor 6 months.
The have there internet but only for web browsing.
When i try to connect to my vnc pc or other "normal things" from the clinic to my house i got no connection.
The have there no phone for private use and calling all day with her cell phone is expensive.

My idea was to connect the spa 1001 on the network with a cordless phone and then i can call her at her room.

Now i have a softphone on here laptop but that did not work Not with tunnel (tunnel was blockt) or with outbound proxy (the same ip adres as pbx)

I have tried it also with a hardphone (spa 1001) but again no connection.

I know that 3cx have a tunnelproxy but i cant install that on the pc's there and the port 5090 is blockt.
Is ther a other way such as installing a proxy server on port 80 and then routed to the 3cx server or is port forwarding 80 to 5060 in the router to the pbx enough.

Is there a solution and how can i do it?

I have a clear connection with other hard and soft phones from remote extentions at work etc so i almost 100% know that at my side (pbx) is everything oke.

Did you try running the 3CX phone (tunnel mode) on a PC from the Clinic? If that doesn't work (you could try changing the port from 5090 so something else), then you may be out of luck. It may not be that they are specifically targeting VoIP, they may be running a proxy server.

i can not install the softphone on the pc's there.
Blocked bij the admin from the clinic on the pc's.
Only use what's installed and web browsing.

Next time i go to there i try to take my laptop and try it with tunnel on port 80.
In that not works then i think the have blocked it realy good.

And yes i think the use a firewall or a proxy server stupid people there.

Can't i use a proxy server at my side or a revers proxy and then something like use outbound proxy.
Or is that not the solution?

Thanks for the quick response

feestbeestzaandam said:
Can't i use a proxy server at my side or a revers proxy and then something like use outbound proxy.

If they are using a proxy server, if they even let you check the settings in the PC located there, you should be able to tell. ( In Win XP it's in...Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings) The fact that VNC didn't work probably indicates that they do.

If you get the address of their server you may try put that address in the proxy server settings in the SPA1001. haven't tried running an ATA behind one, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.