How to activate the "Do not disturb" status of another extension ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cyclone76, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclone76

Hello,
    From my extension, is it possible to activate the "Do not disturb" status of another extension (dialing a code like * 60 and * 61 on my own extension)?
    Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. If someone doesn't wish to be disturbed, then you have to assume that they are close to the phone, which means that they would be capable of activating the feature themselves, if desired.

3. cyclone76

I regret there is no option to allowed or not that. It would be practical for small companies or the secretary is not always at his office. This would make it possible to send calls from his post to another without moving to the secretariat.

4. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Easily done in the management console (each extension can have credentials, and the ability to only edit own extension) Another possibility is to have multiple extensions provisioned in the smart phone or Windows app, it's pretty easy to switch between accounts then use the dial code.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi cyclone76,

Also you can do that through voicemail if you know the extension pin number (voicemail pass). You can call to voicemail (999) then press # and then the system will ask you to type the extension number and password. Next, dial “9” for options and then you can dial the option “1” to allows you to change the extension profile status. May I refer you on this link https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/managing-voicemail/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.