Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

how to activate with my old license key on a new pc?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

My old pc died so in the interim I have been using 3cx with my old license key on a spare computer. I just got a new pc and want to migrate 3cx to it. So I did a backup of the old setup (which was on version 12 since my old pc had a 32 bit operating system). Then I installed version 15 on the new pc and restored the backup onto the new machine. It refused to let me activate because the key was associated with too many mac addresses (my original 3cx server, my spare machine and now the new pc). How do I tell it to forget the old mac address of my old machine and allow me to activate on my new pc?

(In the meantime I have activated with the free license, but my license entitles me to pro features and maintenance and I don't want to lose those benefits.)

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that you need to contact either the 3CX partner that you originally dealt with , or 3CX directly, to allow the switch to a new MAC address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.