• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

How to actually get on Wordpress site

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthy

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, I'm not a web guy so go easy please!

I have the plugin working. If I open a tab and paste in the click to chat url, I can start a chat session. I just don't know how I would get it on my actual website.

Does the plugin automatically put it on the pages I have chosen somehow? If so, I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance!

The click to chat link working means you have enabled click to chat on 3CX. Have you installed the wordpress plugin?

If it is WordPress you need to install the plugin from here and it will show up on all pages by default.

Maybe there's something with my Wordpress, I have the plugin enabled and configured, ready to show on the pages, have the schedule set and still I don't see it on my site.

Maybe there's something with my Wordpress, I have the plugin enabled and configured, ready to show on the pages, have the schedule set and still I don't see it on my site.
So you don't see any icon whatsoever right? Not even the icon faded?

Nothing whatsoever.
I have tried Left, Right, Bottom, fixed pixel as well as 30% Nothing will make the chat icon or box show.

Last edited:
I am noticing that if I just put the Webhook / Live chat link in a browser window, it works, and I can chat, but It doesn't have the color scheme I configured in the Wordpress plugin. Not sure if that helps with the troubleshooting situation.

I added to my website for testing and it came up. Not sure if it will help but below is what my web server is running when I set it up.

Wordpress version: 5.7.2
Apache version 2.4.41
PHP version 7.4.3
MySQL Version: 8.0.25

I am noticing that if I just put the Webhook / Live chat link in a browser window, it works, and I can chat, but It doesn't have the color scheme I configured in the Wordpress plugin. Not sure if that helps with the troubleshooting situation.
This makes sense, if you use the link directly in a new tab essentially your are 'bypassing' WP all together.
Unfortunately why the WP plugin is not even showing up, I have not idea, but errors usually do have something to do with it

Do you use any js Minify or website Caching? this may case conflicts and the Chat will not work.

Found what was causing my issue and now the Chat icon shows up. @GlobalSiteGuard - it was an infusionsoft plugin.

One additional question: Is it possible to just to have the chat bubble only open if it's clicked? Having the input window open by default makes things a bit cluttered.

Hi @healthy,

In the Wordpress Live Chat under Chat Box, there is an option to disable the automatic popup of the chatbox.

1623999523612.png

I’m having the same issue. Even with 2021 theme and all other plugins turned off the live chat box does not show up on the front end of my site

Hi @Outboxin,

If the live chat box does not show up at all, check your URL under Advanced Features, ensure that it is pointing to the correct URL as provided in the messaging section of the Management Console when creating a new Live Chat.

For example:

1624605061716.png
1624605170356.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.