Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to add 0 in DID when received inbound call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluetel2, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

anyone can said me how we can add 0 when we received inbound call. for exemple when have an external number like 06 84 xx xx xx, but when softphone or physical phone received call, it's write 6 84 xx xx xx.

and for 3cx assistant don't resolve name, because it's write with 0.

we have patton 4638, and 3cx v7.1.711

tks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wzaatar

I asked the exact same question a year ago, of the 3cx guys said that they didn't have it, but that was in v5 or 6 if my memory serves me well. Check this post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/prepending-digits-on-callerid-8598.html
    I did check on v7, it's still not there. Maybe adding it to the wishlist! :D

Although I did find this feature in another free SoftPBX by NCH which allows you to add whatever you want at the beginning of the number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

thank for your answer.

we wait an answer of admin, or developper to see if we can do anything.

thaks ;)

4. wzaatar

De rien, cher collègue.

Bonne journée,

W.

5. mbaltus

I had similar problems with my Patton 4960, but this is just a setting in the Patton that needed changing. After that, the Patton adds the prefix-0 thus reporting the correct number and the problem was gone.

6. wzaatar

That fixes it at a gateway's end... And only if the gateway supports it. How about if you have a VoIP provider? :)

It would make more sense to see this feature in 3CX.

Cheers,

W.

7. mbaltus

Very true, if it wasn't for a glitch in the E.164 representation by the Pattons, If I remember correctly (and this then applies to my SmartNode 4960).

Furthermore it solves (or actually works around) the problem TS currently has

8. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

and for patton 4638 there is solution ? maybe in next firmware ?

9. mbaltus

On the SmartNode 4960 I had to set-up the options National Prefix and International Prefix (with 0 and 00 respectively) on the Configuration tab of the Telephone/Call-router options.

Perhaps a good idea to include them in the SmartNode config template included with 3CX?

The v5.3 commands in the config file are (i.e. the relevant part of the config file):
    Code:
    context cs switch
      digit-collection terminating-char # append-terminating-char set-address-complete-indication
      national-prefix 0
      international-prefix 00

10. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Ok ,thks mbaltus, i will look this monday for 4638.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.