Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to add *31* before number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iopas, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iopas

Hi,

My telco provider hides callers number when I add *31* before number. Is it possible to create a outbound rule that adds automatically this prefix? I have tried to add *31* in prepend but I receive 403 forbidden in log.

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I know that some, including myself , have had problems sending the * and # . I was trying to get it to work with a gateway , with no success. If it isn't a VoIP provider then there is probably a substitute code for use by people with rotary dial phones. but of course dial pulse doesn't work with VoIP providers so they have no reason to have a work-around.

3. iopas

I want to send the code *31* through SPA3102 (no VoIP provider). Is there any solution?

Thanks

4. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I've just had a play around with my system - putting in an outbound rule that inserts *31* in front of the dialed number going out to the SPA3102. Here is what happens:

1) 3cx correctly passes the desired dial string to the SPA3102. This can be verified in the last called PSTN number on the 3102 voice/info.
    2) The SPA3102 actually just dials out *31 and nothing else.

So I suspect the SPA3102 doesn't like dialling *xx* codes - possibly it thinks it is one of the 'vertical service activation codes' which are in the *nn format and intercepts/blocks any following digits.

Interestingly if you dial *31# the last called PSTN number becomes *31%23, so I guess in this case 3cx is doing a ASCII to HEX conversion for some reason.

Anyway it would seem that it might not be so easy to get your SPA3102 to dial *31* - but possibly your 403 code is being generated for some other reason.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's what I was finding with mine. As the # is used to signal "end of dialling" for short codes, I just wait, and it goes through with having to dial #. Hadn't tried sending the *

I don't think the 3102 does any analysis on digits sent to it from the VoIP side, other than a dialplan to permit two stage dialling. You can set up a syslog PC on the network and look at the logs coming from the 3102 and you can set up Wireshark to monitor what is going between 3CX and the 3102. Between the two of those you should be able to tell who is responsible for the second * is disappearing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.