Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved How to add call queue external agent in Version 15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eagle2, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Seems that this functionality is gone with version 15, it was available and pretty useful in previous versions of 3CX ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi eagle,
    If I understand correctly, you want to have the ability to add an external number as agent in a queue, is that correct?
    You can achieve this functionality through dummy extension. Create a dummy extension and then on the "Mobile Number" field you can add the external number. Next you need to click on "Ring my mobile simultaneously" at option on the forwarding rules tab.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Giannos,

I've tried this, but can't achieve ringing several mobile phones simultaneously, like it was possible in Version 14 and before (call queue ring method: 'ring all' or 'ring by threes'). With dummy extension calls goes to only first one of the dummy extensions in queue. Other ring methods will not do the job either -- if call is transferred to one of the dummy extensions' mobile number, it will not return and be sent to another one dummy extension, regardless the mobile phone is busy or not answering or not reachable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi eagle,

We replicated your issue and this is working normally. Please check your dummy extension status, must be available and loggedin, also you need to check the option on the forwarding rules "Ring my mobile simultaneously" and let us know if the problem persists

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The issue was the dummy extensions were logged into all queues, but not into specific one containing external agents (dummy extensions). I used Q-Manager from 3CX client (another extension) to log them in into specific queue.

Splitting queue logging seems to be a new feature ?

Thanks for assistance.

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi eagle,

This feature was already there on 3CX Switchboard.

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Giannos,
    thanks for reply, but there is some inconsistency or strange behavior of PBX -- when extension is created, by default it is logged into all of queues. This can be observed looking at switchboard. I wasn't able to toggle queue login status from extensions themselves, as these were dummy ones.

When testing specific queue -- for external agents, extensions appear not logged into that specific queue -- this is the reason for the whole post, I didn't achieved result for external agents in V.15 (with ringing simultaneously mobile of a dummy extension, because the dummy extension was not logged-in). Toggling all-queues log-in/out from switchboard does not affect single queues, in contrary of any logic. Is this a potential bug or intended behavior of the PBX (sp5)? In any case the specific queue for tests was created before creating dummy extensions for external agents experiment.

What will in this case (new feature) the 'Q' button or dial codes do in version 15 on a 3CX client -- will they toggle all queues log-in status or only queues where the extension was logged-in manually by Q-manager beforehand ?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @eagle2

In v15 there are no external agents as in V14. In v14 when you created an external agent it was created from the queue hence the extension was logged in the queue.
    In V15 you need to create the dummy extension first like any other extension and add it to the queue. Upon creation an extension is not logged in to any queue and it is not added into a queue. Once you add the dummy extension to a queue you can log that extension in the queue by navigating to the Extensions Tab then highlight the required extension and click status on the top. This will show the status of the extension like available/away etc and if it loged in or out of the queues. From there you can log the extension in the queues. This will log the dummy extension to all queues. (that is currently a member off or any future queues you might add the extension to).
    The switchboard works differently. When the manager selects an extension from a queue and logs it out then it is logged out from that individual queue and not all queues. To log that extension back into that queue the manager or the extension has to right click on the extension in that queue and log it back in.
    The Q button on the client, logs the extension in or out of all queues unless the extension was logged out a specific queue. The same applies for the dial codes.
    When dealing with dummy extensions that don't actually have a 3CX client, i find that it is better to enable log in or out of queues based on time and status of the extension. For example when in office hours set extension to available and log into queues, out of office hours away or DND - log out of queues. I hope this makes sense.

MRM likes this.
  9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you Yiannis for clarification, it is useful to know.

10. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

We are running into this issue - an external agent without a registered device is ignored. I am not clear from the above what the workaround for this is - it looks like temporarily using the desktop APP to set queue status will fix the problem. Is this correct?

11. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

A dummy extension that is going to be used as an external agent is by default un-registered as no device is registered to it but once you add a mobile number and enable the Ring my mobile simultaneously under forwarding rules the extension becomes registered.
    Also by default when you create a new extension that extension is not logged in to the queues. You can log that extension to the queues from the extension tab of the management console. Select the extension and click on status.
    Now you are ready to add that extension into the queues.

12. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

I was able to confirm that RingMyMobile enables the correct behavior.

Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.