Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to add POSTFIX (suffix) to dialling number?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vmmmmmmm, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmmmmmmm

Hello everyone and support team.

I need to add * at the end of each calling number.

I installed GSM-gateway + 3CX Systev v12 + 3CX Phone for Windows

When I typing +79995552233 and push Dial button, I want it sending
    like a +79995552233*

(with the * at the end of the number)

Thx.

ps: I found only how to add prefix, but it's not what I need.
    pss: I think this might be at VOIP/PSTN gateways section > Outbound > To (and here I need to modify a Custom Field)

or may be I need download the SIP client which may to add POSTfix at the end of the dialing number.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Obviously the outbound rules alone are not going to add something (suffix) to the end of a number. You may want to confirm that a * sent by 3CX is interpreted correctly by your particular gateway. Try creating an entire number (with * at the end) in the outbound rules, in the same manner that speed dial is accomplished.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/speed-dials-using-3cx-outbound-rules/

I have come across some gateways that are not able to correctly identify either the # or * when sent out in a dialstring.

3. vmmmmmmm

thank you for the answer.

I understand corecctly you tell me to create a FIXED number? It's not what I want.

I want push a call button from my Outlook (via 3CX plugin) and system will add postfix automaticaly.

And ideas to do that.

I have some positive news, I just done that with a X-lite client, but I really want this stuff into 3CX. Am I have any hope?

Thx

4. vmmmmmmm

And what about it?

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/cid-formatting/

will this work?

I have outbout rules like:

Gateway, 0, +7

this stuff adding +7 in the prefix...

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The link you posted deals with reformatting incoming caller ID, the number that shows up on your phone, nothing to do with dialled calls (other than having the correct format to return a call "as-is"). And again...it is dealing with the prefix.

It is an extremely rare situation where you would want to add digits to the end of a number which would probably explain why there is no easy solution.

I think you have two possible choices...an add-on device that the call would pass through with the capability of adding a suffix to a number, yet maintain the call as SIP (or convert from SIP, to analogue, and back to SIP), or, replacing (or modifying?) your GSM gateway with another device that doesn't require the asterisk as the last digit.

While it is quite common to add an octothorp (#) to the end of a number to indicate that no additional digits will follow, a pause will generally accomplish the same thing. In most cases the asterisk (*) has been used as a prefix, and in the PSTN switching, at least in North America, can sometimes be replaced with "11".

6. vmmmmmmm

Are you planning to do somekind of stuf at 3CX phone, like X-lite done this called "Dial Plan"?

Thx

7. vmmmmmmm

* - asteriks needed for GSM Operator it'll able do some options for.

All stuff working very good if I typing BY HANDS number +79994445566* (with *) into 3CX Phone for Windows all working like I need it.

So I want dial to numbers by a push of a button, am I able to do that? Am I may to modify 3CX CRM integration plugin for Outlook by myself?

Thx

8. vmmmmmmm

I'll be happy to change 3CX System v12 config by my hands (am I able to do that?)

And I wish ALL my outbound calls go with the * at the end of each nunber I call)

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume that the question is aimed at 3CX staff.

Some devices do indeed have an internal dialplan, and may allow modification of the dialled string such that a suffix is added, which would be all well and good if you are sending the call direct to your gateway. However, if you are routing through the 3CX PBX then the * at the send will probably be misinterpreted as it is used to implement certain PBX features.

What make of gateway are you trying to attach to 3CX? Perhaps someone else on the forum is familiar with it. 3CX supports certain devices, you are pretty much on your own with any others.

10. vmmmmmmm

Yeah thx for the answer. I think if it'll be not an option of future updated of 3CX. I have to try do it into my GSM gateway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.