How to apply forwarding rule logic to DR

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

My management is asking for the following setup with a Digital Receptionist:
    1. DR active outside of business hours - this part is easy.
    2. In early mornings, before business hours, the staff are sitting by their phones assembling the truck routes for the day, and they want to have 10 seconds worth of ring time before the call goes to the DR to allow them to pick up the call if they see the CID of a customer.
    3. In evening, after business hours, there is no one at work, so the call can go directly to the DR.

#2 is what I'm not sure how to accomplish. The forwarding rules for an individual extension have this setting, but how can I use this type of setting with a DR?
    TIA.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

just a thought:
    make the calls start at an extension that....
    in AWAY Status - goes to a Ring Group first then to the DR.
    in OOO status, goes directly to the DR.

Not sure if this helps you or not...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. engin411

engin411 New Member

Ah, thanks for the idea. Here's what I'm testing:

Created a new extension.
    Switch on the Automatically Set To Out Of Office option, since that switches between Available, Away, and OOO profiles based on time of day.
    Set Specific Office Hours to the early morning hours, since this uses the Available profile which has the "not answered in __ seconds" feature.
    Set break times to our regular business hours, since this uses the Away profile, which I set to send call directly to our main queue.
    Set an Exception to use Specific Hours set to the evening hours, during which calls are sent directly to the DR.
    Lastly, set the inbound rule for our main DID to send all calls at all hours to this new extension, which should handle calls based on these time of day rules.

Granted, I am abusing the intent of the Available and breaktime settings, but we don't use those globally so I can get away with it, I think.
    Now to test this.

Irk, on 2nd thought - we are presently using a queue for the express purpose of receiving and answering multiple concurrent inbound calls. How will sending all calls to one extension affect this?

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

Actually, I found more scheduling options in the Inbound Rule settings, so I am using that for during office hours, which really cleans things up and I think will eliminate the problem of allowing multiple concurrent calls. The new extension now only has 2 time of day rules instead of 3.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

glad my idea helped trigger something...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.