How to assign a VOIP account to a line on 3CXphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dx7, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dx7

dx7

3cxphone for Windows has 5 lines. I have added credentials for 2 voip accounts. I can't see where I can assign an account to a line.

Thx

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, if you go to Ports / Trunk Status – select the VoIP Provider account

You will see a section of the screen labelled “Office Hours”
    In this section, you can define where the calls will route to

“Connect to Extension, Connect to Queue / Ring Group etc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dx7

dx7

Thank you David, that info accurately describe the process to connect the 3CXPhone to the PBX. I however meant to refer to the stand alone 3CXPhone, not to the PBX. The stand alone 3CX phone allows you to provision several accounts and it has 5 lines, which sort of suggests that you should be able to set up one voip account per line. I tried with 2 different accounts right in the softphone but was unable to assign a specific voip account to any specific line. I'd like to know how to achieve that.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You are confusing those keys. They should properly be called "Call Appearance" keys. They are not used to specify specific trunks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is no assignment between accounts and lines. This is for flexibility purposes. Therefore, you may simultaneously have 20 active accounts and phone's five lines. By repeatedly clicking any line you may choose any of those 30 accounts. Also, an incoming call from any account will be directed to the first available line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.