How to auto provision with elastix PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by blason, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blason

Hey Fellas,

I have elastix configured and have 3CX soft phones installed on user's desktop. I would like to know how do I configure 3CX phone auto provision feature with elastix.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A couple of things:

Your post should probably be in the 3CX VoIP Phone forum rather than this one as this one is more centric to the system rather than the client phone software.

In any event -

You need to go to the account settings and specify the path where you intend to store off the provisioning or configuration file as well as the port by which the client must use to retrieve same. Second, you need ensure that any firewalls that might come into play are set to allow the TCP traffic to flow freely.

Finally, and the more difficult part is that you need to obtain the template by which you can edit the variables to your needs. This is not a readily available standalone template like 3CX has provided for its supported 3rd party supplied hard phones (Aastra, Cisco, Grandstream, etc.). The attributes needed to drive the softphone are integral to the system itself. and constitute a feature.

There may or may not be a configuration file that is developed, but if so, it is not stored where the hard phone templates are stored and it could be that 3CX considers the template proprietary and chooses not to release. Keep in mind that the softphone is provided free of charge and that there is likely little motivation to support the desires or needs of others to make it compatible to competitor systems of which there are many (my opinion only).

Again, you might try posting in the other folder as you may get a better response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.