How to be manage after hours calls/voice mail notification.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1600, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1600

What is the best way to set up after hours notification of after hours emergency calls?

Thought of setting up the IVR to allow callers to leave a message for our after hours team. If the caller has an emergency, I would like to instruct them to leave a detailed message to the voice mail of an extension 1234 called "after hours emergency messages" for example. I would then like the message to be recorded and then be notified of the message by both email and a call to a cell phone or other third party number. Is this possible? I was not able to find a method to do this.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The email notification of a new message can be sent, but not (as far as I'm aware) a phone call. You could make use of the email to SMS gateways that many mobile providers offer, to allow the VM notification to come through as a text message. There may be an after-market, voicemail add-on that provides this functionality.

3. Michael1600

Tanks for the suggestion, I will try that. Where might one look for a voice mail add on? Others have suggested to use the "Ring my mobile simultaneously" setting under extension forwarding rules, but I have not seemed to be able to get that to work. Seems like a a basic function, to be alerted via ones cell phone of a voice mail left at your extension. I would think most people do not monitor there emails like they do there cell phone.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do a search on the net, there are a few companies that offer extended functionality, for some features, for 3CX. I can't say for certain if any will fulfil your requirements. Some providers do offer the VM to SMS service in the form of yourphonenumber@yourprovider.co.xx. Check your mobile providers (the one for the device you wish to send the SMS to) site. There are a number of paid apps or services that do much the same thing.

The ring my mobile option can be used, but, if you want the caller to leave a message, then simply be notified of the message, it doesn't sound like an option you really want. If you want the caller to make an IVR selection, then have the call ring a mobile, it will work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.