Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

How to block IVR dial to extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cecil Law, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cecil Law

Dear All,

I am 3CX newbie and I testing 3CX version 15 IVR function.
    I tested incoming call can dial extension in IVR. How can I block this function.
    Because I don't want incoming call can direct call my Boss.

Thanks

#1 Cecil Law, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. TC-MagazineK12

The IVRDONOTCALL parameter does not work with V15+. I had issues with people having the ability to call in to paging groups or extensions such as classrooms... Not cool. Additionally 3CX wanted more money just for tech support. But a little detective work and recognition of regular expressions yielded a fix/solution.

Ready for something that does fix this issue? IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR is simply a regular expression. Adjust that parameter to suit your needs and restart the services, or easier just restart the server.

As an example the below regular expression, aka what is set for IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR, disables the ability to dial extensions 2400 and 2500 while still recognizing four digit extensions:

((?!2400|2500)[0-9]{4})

Another example if you want to disable all direct dialing all together use the below to recognize only one digit between zero and nine :

[0-9]{1}

#3 TC-MagazineK12, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    vizualpro, cobaltit and teldata1 like this.
  4. ivank

3CX Support

IVR uses ECMAScript regular expression syntax.

5. TC-MagazineK12

Thank you for that tidbit :) Any chance 3CX wants to remove the deprecated parameters V15+ and update the website documentation that's from 2010? :)

vizualpro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.