How to call a 'sip-address' directly using 3CXPhAnd?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Jochem_PS, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jochem_PS

Hi,

First of all: 3CXPhone for Android is really great freeware. In parallel I am using also 3CXPhone for Windows, which supports to call a 'sip-address' easily and directly. I registered two 'virtual landline' phone numbers at pbxes.org (and also at e164.arpa and e164.org), and I could it to call the sip-addresses (SIP URI) directly via 3CXPhone for Windows - it works, very similar to X-Lite 4.

Unfortunately with 3CXPhone for Android I couldn't manage to call a sip-address (SIP URI) yet, like '49333377777@dyndnsaccountname.dyndns.org' or '49333377777@pbxes.org'.

For testing I stored such a sip-address in Google Contacts under special (other) mobile phone in format 'sip:'49333377777@pbxes.org' ... but it hasn't been recognized as a sip-address. 3CXPhone for Android tried to convert in into a regular phone number - what didn't really help :roll:

How can I call a sip-address directly using 3CXPhone for Android - when having a correct one ;) ?

Smartphone: Samsung GIO GT-S5660
    Android Version: 2.2.1
    3CXPhone for Android: 1.2.12 (August 10th, 2011)

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
    Jochem_PS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello,

at present we dont have support for direct uri calls and strip all chrs exept 0-9 + and -
    So for @ and . we dont cater for now. Keep an eye on the change log for changes in the future to make this work with the 3CXPhone for Android

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.