how to call internal extension while out of the office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lebric, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lebric

I'm very new to this so my apologies.
    I would like to know if it is possible for an external extension configured (out of the office) to be able to make regular outbound calls and dial internal office extensions ? the internal office extension are able to dial the external extension but not vice versa. i ve been struggling on this for 2 days now any help would be extremely appreciate.

Eric
    Super Junior

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The external extension should be able to place both internal and external calls (outbound rules allowing).

The extension can be called, so it is obviously registering. How have you datafilled the 3CX server in the remote? Are you using an IP, or using a Domain name (DynDNS type service)?
    If it is the latter, then you must put that name in as the Domain Name in 3CX. The 3CX logs will show the call being rejected otherwise.

If you continue to have issues post the 3Cx log of an incoming call attempt.

3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

This 'how-to' is always a great place to start ...
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Your remote extensions should be making and taking calls in the same way that your on-site extensions are. If they are not, it could be that you need to look at what ports are open [http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/] on your main site's router - and you also need to make sure that STUN settings are enabled (and the chosen STUN server is able to be ping'ed) on your remote phones.

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.